Embryology: Embodying the Origins of Asana with Amy Matthews
August 18-22, 2014
Spend a week diving into your earliest fluid movements and cellular experiences in this 5-day workshop on embryology.
The study of embryology is an incredibly rich field, with the potential to exponentially deepen our understanding of human structure, movement and function.
Experiencing the fluid origins of our cells and tissues transforms our movement and re-patterns our relationships to gravity, the environment and our community in radical ways.
Come to individual days or the full week:
- Day 1: Beginning: Conception, Implantation, Gastrulation, Folding
- Day 2: Endoderm: Respiratory and Digestive Systems
- Day 3: Ectoderm: Skin and Nervous Systems
- Day 4: Mesoderm: Spine and Limbs
- Day 5: Mesoderm: Kidneys and Gonads*
This immersion will involve discussion, movement, and time to sense, embody and observe – any level of movement ability is welcome, and no previous experience is necessary.
*Please note that in order to register for Day 5, there is a pre-requisite of attendance at one or more days earlier in the week, or special permission to attend for just that day.
$1,000 full week
To register for Embryology: Embodying the Origins of Asana, please fill out the registration form and pay a deposit or pay in full to reserve your space.
Work-study discounts are available. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Up to 2 weeks before – REFUND. Deposit will be refunded, minus a $30 processing fee.
- Up to 7 days before – CREDIT. Deposit minus a $30 processing fee may be transferred to another Breathing Project workshop or course.
- Less than 7 days before – No refunds or credits.
Payment Policies: Summer Immersion
- A deposit is required to hold your space.
- To receive an early registration discount, full payment must be received by July 1, 2014.
- Full payment must be received prior to first session.
- We do not accept in-person payments on the first day of class.
- Enrollment is by full cost of session. There is no pro-rated enrollment for partial attendance.
- Limited work-study opportunities are available. Please inquire in advance.
Summer Immersion Work-Study Policies
- Work-study contracts are worth a portion of the tuition; students are responsible for the balance.
- Work-study students are required to pay the full deposit, though they may choose to wait to pay their deposit until they find out if they have been awarded a work-study position.
- Work-study students are not eligible for early registration discounts.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.