Register nowYoga Anatomy: Principles
with Leslie Kaminoff
Three trimesters: Oct 2013-Jun 2014
Wednesdays, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Discover the deepest principles of yoga by examining the deepest structures of the body.
This course will provide a practical grounding in the anatomy of yoga practice with a particular emphasis on the relationship between breathing and healthy spinal function.
Enhance your teaching, protect your students, and deepen your personal practice with a comprehensive understanding of how the human body actually works.
Leslie shares his 30+ years experience inspired by his teacher T.K.V Desikachar. He has helped teachers and practitioners from yoga, dance, Pilates, and somatic therapy backgrounds.
Through attendance at classes held at The Breathing Project, recommended reading and application of the principles in weekly homework assignments, you will leave this course transformed.
- The fall session focuses on the anatomy and pressure mechanics of breathing, the three diaphragms and the thoracic and abdominal muscles.
- The winter session covers the evolution and anatomy of spinal mechanics, the development of postural support and articular freedom.
- The spring session deals with the articular anatomy of the limbs, pelvic and shoulder girdles and explores issues surrounding locomotion and arm support.
Yoga Anatomy students are encouraged to attend Leslie’s free Anatomy & Breath Clinic following each week’s class. Geared to experienced teachers and movement professionals, the clinic provides a unique opportunity to watch Leslie work one-on-one with clients, applying principles he teaches and demonstrating hands-on techniques developed over more than 30 years of practice.
- Fall: Oct 2 – Dec 18, 2013: The Breath
- Winter: Jan 15 – Mar 19, 2014: The Spine
- Spring: Apr 16 – Jun 18, 2014: The Articular Body
Wednesdays 2:00 – 4:00pm
There are no prerequisites for this course. Any level of ability is welcome, and no previous yoga experience is necessary. Each trimester can be taken separately, and the course can be started at the beginning of any trimester.
Full year course (three trimesters) $2,400
Single trimester (Fall, Winter, or Spring) $800
Single Class (Limited availability. Spaces released on a first-come, first-served basis 20 minutes before class.) $85
Pay in full for a single trimester at least eight weeks in advance and receive $50 off.
Pay in full for an entire year at least eight weeks in advance and receive $300 off.
To register for Yoga Anatomy and reserve your space, please fill out the Anatomy Course Registration form and pay a deposit or in full.
I have known Leslie for 30 years and personally witnessed his ascendance in the Yoga and Health community. Like the late Nathan Pritikin he is a self taught genius and his courses on anatomy and breathing are always the first to fill in academic settings.
Over the last 5 years he has consistently received the highest evaluations possible from the majority of the students in our Yoga Therapy Rx program at Loyola Marymount University. I highly recommend his new internet course for students and teachers alike.—Larry Payne Ph.D., Co-Founder, International Association of Yoga Therapists
I think the most important thing that the course has done is that is has opened me up to new possibilities in my yoga journey, as a practitioner and as a teacher. The course has provoked deep questions in me, about why I practice and teach, and I’m excited about where the questions will lead me. And of course, I learned a LOT about the anatomy of yoga – which is extremely helpful to me personally and professionally. It has changed my body, my practice, and the way I teach – in very positive ways.—Mary McGovern, Yoga Teacher
- Up to 2 weeks before – REFUND. Deposit will be refunded, minus a $30 processing fee.
- Up to 7 days before – CREDIT. Deposit minus a $30 processing fee may be transferred to another Breathing Project workshop or course.
- Less than 7 days before – No refunds or cancellations.
Payment Policies: Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology
- A deposit is required to hold your space: $200/trimester.
- To receive an early registration discount, full payment must be received eight weeks prior to first session.
- Payment plans must be arranged before session start and direct debit is required. A $10 processing fee will be added to each payment.
- Full payment must be received prior to first session, unless a payment plan has been arranged in advance. Late payments will incur a $25 fee. We do not accept in-person payments on the first day of class.
- Enrollment is by full cost of session. There is no pro-rated enrollment for partial attendance.
Post-Program Attendance: Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Once you have paid for a full year of an anatomy course with either Leslie or Amy, you can return to classes in that course at no cost, and for an unlimited time - space allowing, and at the discretion of the teacher.
- A work-study discount of $900 is available for all of our Advanced Studies courses.
- Awards are given for study beginning in the fall (for Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology) or in January (for Somatic Synthesis Workshops).
- Work-study students must commit to a full year of study, complete two 90-minute training shifts prior to start of the course, and work one two-hour shift per week for the duration of study.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.