Register nowEmbodied Anatomy & Kinesiology: Muscles
with Amy Matthews
Three trimesters: Sep 2013-Jun 2014
Fridays, 1:00pm - 3:30pm
In this course we will focus on the muscular system and how it creates, modulates and refines our movement choices. We will travel through the body addressing structure and movement from an experiential perspective, using principles from Body-Mind Centering, Laban Movement Analysis and the Bartenieff Fundamentals, PNF and various yoga practices to discuss principles of alignment and therapeutic applications.
Each trimester covers a different part of the body: The fall session focuses on the spine, the winter session focuses on the lower limb (foot to pelvis) and the spring session on the upper limb (hand to scapula). Class involves both discussion and movement.
The A&K Asana class that follows is based on the topic that is being taught in the Embodied A&K class, and is an opportunity to see how that material can be integrated into an asana practice.
- Fall: Sep 27 – Dec 20, 2013: Spine
- Winter: Jan 24 – Apr 4, 2014: Lower Limbs
- Spring: Apr 18 – Jun 20, 2014: Upper Limbs
Also on Fridays with Amy:
This class is an opportunity to spend time experiencing and integrating particular parts of the anatomy and kinesiology material that has been taught in the Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology class that afternoon, and is an opportunity to see how that material can be integrated into an asana practice.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Any level of ability is welcome, and no previous yoga experience is necessary. Each trimester can be taken separately, and the course can be started at the beginning of any trimester.
Full year course (three trimesters) $2,400
Single trimester (Fall, Winter, or Spring) $800
Single Class (Limited availability. Spaces released on a first-come, first-served basis 20 minutes before class.) $85
Single Class & A&K Asana Combo $100
Pay in full for a single trimester at least eight weeks in advance and receive $50 off.
Pay in full for an entire year at least eight weeks in advance and receive $300 off.
Work-study discounts are available for a full year of study. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This course is full for the 2013-14 year.
If you’re a current, registered student in the course, you can use the buttons below to pay for a trimester.
I went to see Amy to learn more about my feet. I wanted to learn how to use my foot muscles better and how to walk better. She helped me with both of these concerns. She analyzes you as an individual. Amy feels it may be possible for some people to learn to wean themselves off orthotics. This is a novel idea in orthopedics and I think she is right. I know this is a novel idea because I have been a physical therapist for 20 years and never hear this idea being discussed. Her approach is refreshing and valuable.—Howard Nelson PT
Amy is a beautiful instructor whose knowledge is massive. Take her class and you will learn more about yourself and yoga.—Jennifer Mohr
- Up to 2 weeks before – REFUND. Deposit will be refunded, minus a $30 processing fee.
- Up to 7 days before – CREDIT. Deposit minus a $30 processing fee may be transferred to another Breathing Project workshop or course.
- Less than 7 days before – No refunds or credits.
Payment Policies: Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology
- A deposit is required to hold your space: $200/trimester.
- To receive an early registration discount, full payment must be received eight weeks prior to first session.
- Payment plans must be arranged before session start and direct debit is required. A $10 processing fee will be added to each payment.
- Full payment must be received prior to first session, unless a payment plan has been arranged in advance. Late payments will incur a $25 fee. We do not accept in-person payments on the first day of class.
- Enrollment is by full cost of session. There is no pro-rated enrollment for partial attendance.
Post-Program Attendance: Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Once you have paid for a full year of an anatomy course with either Leslie or Amy, you can return to classes in that course at no cost, and for an unlimited time - space allowing, and at the discretion of the teacher.
Work-Study: Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology
- A work-study discount of $900 is available for Yoga Anatomy and Embodied Anatomy & Kinesiology.
- Awards are given for study beginning in the fall.
- Work-study students must commit to a full year of study, complete two 90-minute training shifts prior to start of the course, and work one two-hour shift per week for the duration of study.
- Work-study students are not eligible for other discounts.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.