Anatomy & Breath Clinic with Leslie Kaminoff
Wednesdays, 4:15pm - 6:00pm
The Anatomy & Breath Clinic offers a rare glimpse into what happens in a private therapeutic yoga session. In ABCs, Leslie models the dynamics of a non-standardized, adaptable, breath-centered approach to Yoga in the context of individual clinical case studies. Each week will feature a different invited client with a specific anatomical concern.
Through observation, questions, discussion and exchange, students will learn the principles of how to customize yoga practices, read the body to identify patterns of holding and tension, offer hands-on assists from an anatomically-informed breath-centered perspective, and explore yoga philosophy with anatomical understanding of the human system.
As part of The Breathing Project’s mission as a non-profit educational institution, this program is FREE to the public as well as teachers and practitioners.
For yoga teachers and other movement professionals, the Clinic will provide the opportunity to:
- Watch an expert yoga teacher work one-on-one with a client in a supportive group environment
- Observe the use of breathing as the foundation of therapeutic yoga practice
- Clarify teaching language for clear communication
- Develop intake, assessment, and client relation skills
- Explore specific therapeutic approaches through discussion, modeling and partner work
For guest clients, the Clinic will provide the opportunity to:
- Work one-on-one with an expert yoga teacher on specific anatomical issues
- Build awareness of your particular pattern of holding tension in your body
- Understand more about anatomy as it applies to your yoga practice
- Learn how to customize your yoga practice
- Receive support and encouragement from a group of people interested in your wellness
Yoga teachers and other movement professionals are welcome to observe. There is no need to pre-register; drop-ins are welcome. Please arrive 15 minutes before class. Check the schedule for cancellations.