Body-Mind Centering® & Yoga
Body-Mind Centering® principles form the basis of a dynamic approach to the practice and teaching of yoga. The two BMC℠ and Yoga programs we offer are rooted in embodiment and provide a unique and fulfilling perspective on yoga.
Whether you have just a basic understanding of yoga or have many years of experience, whether you are a student or a teacher, the courses in these programs will enrich your own yoga practice and give you a new foundation for teaching others. Through the exploration of how the body systems and developmental movement patterns support and initiate movement, you will learn ways to:
- Perceive the essence of each posture from a multi-body-system understanding.
- Enliven awareness of the evolutionary patterns from which the asanas arise.
- Experience greater depth, ease and flow of movement in forming traditional yoga asanas.
- Improvise new postures based on underlying principles of the different body systems and developmental movement.
- Change mind states as well as body states in transitioning between postures.
- Discover the body-mind relationship inherent in the movement forms.
- Develop a yoga practice based on personal needs and abilities.
- Analyze and facilitate the movement of others using this subtle and dynamic perspective.