Anatomy & Breath Clinic
with Leslie Kaminoff
Wednesdays 4:15pm - 6:00pm
The Anatomy & Breath Clinic offers a rare glimpse into what happens in a private therapeutic yoga session. In ABCs, Leslie demonstrates the dynamics of a non-standardized, adaptable, breath-centered approach to Yoga in the context of individual clinical case studies.
Each week will feature different invited clients with a specific anatomical concern.
As part of The Breathing Project's mission as a non-profit educational institution, this program is FREE to the public, as well as to teachers and practitioners.
For yoga teachers and other movement professionals, the Clinic will provide the opportunity to:
- Watch an expert yoga teacher work one-on-one with a client in a supportive group environment
- Observe the use of breathing as the foundation of therapeutic yoga practice
- Clarify teaching language for clear communication
- Develop intake, assessment, and client relation skills
- Explore specific therapeutic approaches through discussion, modeling and partner work
For guest clients, the Clinic will provide the opportunity to:
- Work one-on-one with an expert yoga teacher on specific anatomical issues
- Build awareness of your particular pattern of holding tension in your body
- Understand more about anatomy as it applies to your yoga practice
- Learn how to customize your yoga practice
- Receive support and encouragement from a group of people interested in your wellness
ANATOMY & BREATH CLINIC (ABCs)
Wednesdays 4:15 - 6:00pm
Fall Trimester: Oct 10 - Dec 19, 2012
Winter Trimester: Jan 16 - Mar 20, 2013
Spring Trimester: April 3 - June 19, 2013
ABCs clients, please download and complete the application form. To apply or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yoga teachers and other movement professionals are welcome to drop in.